Tuesday, March 11, 2014

"You don't understand what it's like to be infertile!"

No, I don't.  I am not infertile, and I don't understand what pain that must be to live with, pining for a baby of your own and never having it.  But, I do read my scriptures, and they say that the barren woman will be blessed beyond the woman who has many children.  They also say not to covet.  No where in the scriptures do I read that an unwed mother should give away her child to a married couple.  Just my observations.

1 comment:

  1. I do know what it is like to experience secondary infertility and to wake up from a surgery to be told I can never have another child because they had to remove my uterus BUT....but, as much as I want more children, I would NEVER ask another mother to go through what I have been through these last 20+ years, simply because she was single (at the moment). Never. Not being able to have children (or as many as I want) is brutal, but nothing in comparison to the brutality of separating a mother and her child simply to appease my "need."

    ReplyDelete