Tuesday, March 11, 2014

"At least you did not abort when faced with a hard situation."

The thing that was hard about it was the overwhelming pressure to abort or "at least give my baby up for adoption." I actually WANTED my baby, as does every [sane] woman in the world. Of course I wanted my baby. Don't you want your children? Of course you do! The hard thing was the lack of support for any decision except to "get rid of the problem." I was counseled early in the pregnancy to abort "before it was too late." Later in the pregnancy, I was counseled to "do the right thing and give my baby up." I finally caved. I didn't do it because I didn't want responsibility. I didn't do it because I didn't want to hold and love and care for my baby. I did it because almost everyone I knew told me to do it. Only one person ever counseled me NOT to give my baby up, and by then, I was already pre-matched with Jennifer's parents and felt I owed it to them not to disappoint them. I wish I had listened. She even offered me money to help me out so I could keep my baby. I wish I had given her my list of things I needed... a carseat, clothes, diapers. I was too brainwashed by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment